Current Events bring relevance to your classroom. I encourage parents to first screen, then take their transition to scholar students to see the documentary Obama’s America:2016.
Below are some questions to ask your young adult, should you decide they can view the documentary. Use or adapt as you like. Enjoy!
- Do you consider yourself effective or ineffective in identifying and solving group problems?
- Suggest a series of steps you might take (or perhaps HAVE already taken) in solving a group problem.
*Say: You are about to see a documentary about two men who came from a similar background.
The proposed subject of the documentary is our current president, Barack Obama. The documentary producer is Dinesh D’Souza.
As you watch the first hour of the film, try to ask yourself:
- What did the two men have in common? 10 pts
- In what ways did the men differ? 10 pts
- Do you think the people who influenced a man seeking the Presidency of the United States should be looked at before you vote for the candidate? Why or why not? 20pts
- Is a candidate’s family or cultural background a worthwhile factor to consider before voting? Why or why not? 20 pts
- Can you explain the terms Colonialism and Anti-Colonialism? 30 pts
Inspire better thinking, reasoning and writing. READ about it. Go to original sources if you can. Under your parents’ blessing, consider the autobiography of the subject, his story in his words “Dreams from My Father” by Barack Obama. Also, read the research work of Dinesh D’Souza~ “The Roots of Obama’s Rage”.
What are characteristics of “good” research? 40pts
Journal your thoughts on the research done. 30pts per chapter.
Cite the book and chapter read. Type or write neatly,your remarks, 12 font, one full page.